About Me

My photo
I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....

The Beauty Myth

The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.

Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:

"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

A Cheeky Chocolate Bar and A Cheeky Pound Off!

Well this week I tried to refocus, even if only a little. I didn't put pressure on myself to track everyday or be super back in the plan, but I did challenge myself to do a bit more exercise and try to stay in moderate control.

And it worked, as I sit tonight eating my celebratory bar of chocolate (fairtrade of course) I find myself 1lb lighter and a cheeky smile on my face.

As my WWer friend Saff said, being too hard on yourself can mean you lose sight of goal, you forget the good work so far and you can revert back. Instead, draw a line in the sand, turn and walk away from that line and never look back.

I am just 3lbs away from my 10% - 3 giant pounds that I am determined to loss and never find!

Heads back in it, foods frozen for the week, and my zumba wii belt is left out to keep me motivated.

My plan this week is to pick 2-5 of the WORST photos of me EVER! and stick them up on my kitchen cupboards, and pick 2-5 of my best photos, ones that make me feel amazing about who I am, and stick them on my mirrors! Positive Mental Attitude! Next week I am aiming for another whole pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment