Ok so first few weeks of the recent stop smoking attempt have went ok. I have had a few days on them, and a few days off them and overall I feel am fairing rather well. With the plan to stop for absolute good to take effect as of Monday (massive alcohol infused weekend coming up so I'm not going to delude myself) but I'm not using that as an excuse to go nuts, I haven't had any today and going to try not have tomorrow or Friday.
I'm still optimistic about the whole thing :)
On another weight related matter I have definantly decided to try weight watchers again, but after careful consideration I am not going to join online or go to classes, for several reasons:
1) I've been on the bloomin' diet so long I know it inside out.
2) I have all the kit at home
3) I refused to pay £5 a week to be told I've stayed the same, my bathroom scales cost £3.75 out of asda and can tell me that week after week after week at no extra cost. I don't find meetings inspirational, fun or motivational. I think people moan, they moan and make excuses about why they haven't lost weight that week, or haven't for the last 2, then admit to 3 bottles of wine, a take away and missing their HUGE walks they take every day.
I'm honest with myself, yes I have thyroid condition but do you know
what so has my Mum and she's a size 10. I am fat because I eat too much
and move too little. I don't cook, rely on ready made/instant cook/
delivery food and I don't understand food.
I know the weight watchers works, because when I do it right I lose weight. Its a pain weighing stuff and all that, but I figure seen as I am creeping back over the 12 stone mark (AGAIN) I need a controlled eating plan to start me.
The only thing I don't have is a calculator to work out points because I'd do it online. So I ordered it today! I'll start the plan (hopefully) Monday and will be half a stone lighter by Christmas!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment