About Me

My photo
I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....

The Beauty Myth

The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.

Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:

"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

First loss in 3 weeks...hopefully the ball is rolling again

So tonight I lost 2lbs, bringing my loss up to a measly 4 1/2 lbs over the last few weeks. Not to dwell on the past but the last few weeks have been dismal despite all the motivational factors that I need.

However, I promised myself 100% this week and I gave it, tracked everything, even my binges, and minimised my alcohol. I worked hard and I got the result I deserved. I should have lost more by now, but alas maybe the last few weeks have been a learning curve, a kick up the butt and I can only look forward from now on.

This week I can only give it the same, and hope for another 2lbs off. I don't have any plans again this weekend, so I know that I should be able to stay on track.  I am going to aim to do about the same amount of exercise. And I am looking for another 2lbs off! Simple as ABC really.

Also this week I discovered I like humus...red pepper to be exact...mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment