
So I've decided to try and do clean eating, properly. It can be a restricted diet, but it's well structured and fairly easy to do. I'm not very inventive, so I rely heavily on other creative people posting recipes and ideas on instagram and blog spaces for me to try, but it can be done well using only basic foods.
The idea is very simple - no processed foods. Make everything from scratch were possible. Good balance of protein, complex carbs and health fats. Basic, simple, effective.
I'm not only interested in weight loss, clean eating is great for building muscle strength and sculpting your physique. More importantly for me though is the health benefits in other areas, specifically your skin, hair and nails, as well as your innards. My skin is atrocious, and as a women in her "late" (yes, apparently the 7th year of your decade is when your officially in the late grouping I've been informed) twenties I am quite honestly fed up with the state of it. My back can be particularly bad, and there is nothing worse when you finally find an outfit that you like only to find another added anxiety of flashing some skinage.
Having a low thyroid as well pretty much screws with my hair growth (and retention - thank the lordy it is thick so you can't notice) and nail growth. My digestive system is also pretty screwed, "lazy" was the term the doc used...yep - pretty much sums me up!
I've included some photos of some of my meals/shakes. You have to eat 4-6 times a day, which I find difficult to adjust to. I've been a bit hungry, probably because I am not eating often enough, but this is a learning process and I will fine tune as I go along.
Overall though, I'm finding it pretty easy going so far. Even made lentil soup - first time ever - go me!!

No comments:
Post a Comment