And so, unfortunately, does the bad! Why is it that a you never have a week where you have one meal out or one lunch date or one (insert a food-related potential weight-watcher nightmare here). So this week I had a conference that I wanted to attend - I love a good conference, you get to listen to interesting people, network, thrash out potent social issues. I actually met an academic hero of mine, nearly keeled over when I realised who he was. Shamelessly introduced myself though during on the tea breaks and gushed about how influential and useful his work was....to me anyway. I tell ya something - academics LOVE it when that happens. Steven Hicks has a groupie HAHA!!
But alas conference lunches are another matter (EVIL THING 1) its all mayonnaise - lots of mayonnaise - and PASTRIES!!! I used to love a conference lunch but my head knew that I had to make a sacrifice somewhere and dinner was more important. So I stuck to the ham salad sandwiches and took a 1 point yogurt and some fruit with me, drank tons of water and tried to avoid the PASTRIES!!!
Having successfully navigated that particular minefield I then met my friend for dinner, at an Italian (EVIL THING 2). Now I know....I know....that I should have chosen a tomato based sauce - I know! But di'maggios fusilli espanola is just too delicious: chicken, chorizo, white sauce and cheese....to die for! And of course my friend had just pasted her masters degree so a large glass of wine was required....
Then of course there is the pudding.....like the example shown in the picture. The example which was also the pudding that I had at this dinner!!
.......................................................................moving on then!
The difficult thing with eating out is when you do decide to have a blow out the points are a nightmare to work out. So I scanned the eating out guide and picked a similar white sauce pasta and ice cream sundae and that is the best I can do I'm afraid. Need to hope the exercise I am doing - because I never touch those points - is making a difference!
What's that? Oh EVIL THING 3 - I have a night out for a friends birthday on Saturday night, and only 22 points....6 drinks - which where I come from, is the warm up session!!
No comments:
Post a Comment