Must come down.....
As you can see from my last post I knew that last week would be a dozey - I had way too many nights out and lunches and dinners with mates - But I was at the gym 4 times! Put on 1lb....
Problem this week is my motivation has completed pi$$ed right off! I haven't been on the computer, I haven't been tracking, I haven't actually cared! I had a fantastic night out on Saturday which turned into a complete nightmare involving my friends. Sunday was a wash out and I could not lift the depression all week. My world - my friendships - and the images and beliefs I had about them - has been blown wide apart. There is no healing that, not with food, or cigarettes, or alcohol, or conversation - and trust me this week I have done them all!
I haven't exercised, I have ate cheese, white bread, biscuits, chocolate, crisps - I have SMOKED which I am so so so so so so so so so so raging about it is unbelievable!
I am off the rails - and its only Saturday!
The last four weeks have been difficult - I have worked my ass off, and tracked and lost a bit, then put it on, lost a bit, put it out - maybe its the workouts - maybe not!
Tonight I am heading out for the first half of my birthday celebrations - there is going to be alcohol - lots of alcohol - and I am just going to write off the remain 30wpps I have left for it (and then some). I am going out feeling fabulous - surrounded my amazing friends and I not going to care about this! I have never been the fat person who doesn't go out on the night out - I have always been the fat person who breaks down when getting ready for the night out but once I am out - I don't give myself a second thought! So I will enjoy tonight - regardless - but tomorrow I have some serious thinking to do!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."
No comments:
Post a Comment