Well last night I decided to try a little something different and go to a stretch and flex class in Glasgow. Its run by polephysique and it's always good to meet some other people from the pole world anyway.
I am very unflexible, and I feel that my legs are particular are very tight. I am heading to a podiatry appointment next week to see if part of the problem is my stupid weird feet (you don't want to know) but I thought the class would be good for me to really think about, and learn some techniques for, a good stretch.
I know it's terrible but you do kind of assume that stretching will be fairly easy.
Well, you'd be very, very, wrong. I hurt more during that class than any other exercise class I've been to I think! It's actually really hard, takes a lot of core strength and balance, and really pushes your muscles to places that you are convinced they are NOT designed to go to.
There was one "supported" stretch where the idea is to sit up straight, pole between your legs, hold onto the pole so you can't fall backwards, and with one person in front and one person behind your legs are lifted up towards your body as far as they can go. I actually done better than what I thought I would but can I just say I have never been so physically close to two (stunning) women in such a compromising position in my life. There was heat, a lot of heat!!
I felt very vulnerable!
I had really great fun though, and I've learned some good stretches that I can do at home at night to try and improve my flexibility. Keeping supple is vital when you are doing quite a lot of exercise, not only will improving this improve my pole skills, but also will reduce injuries in my other exercises as well.
I missed spin as a result, but I'll make up for it with 2 kettlebell sessions at the weekend and rest on Monday :)
I tried haddock parcels from asda last night for my tea. I like haddock...but I've no idea what was in the "parcel"...I didn't like that at all :s
Only other thing is I am still smoking, albeit still cut right down. I have a night out tonight with work girlies, so I know I'll struggle to resist tonight. But I am getting annoyed with myself now, I can smell it more, feel it more when I'm working out, see the disruption it brings to my life. I can't smoke for 48 hours after I get my wisdom teeth removed, which is next Tuesday, so I figure what the hell time to stop for good again, I'll let you know how I get on.
So lessons learned this week:
Stretching is important and I need to do it more
Trying new things is fun
and
being the filling of a sexy lady sandwich is amazing, but also makes me giggle!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."
No comments:
Post a Comment