Drum roll please......I have just..........put a deposit down on my 1st FLAT!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I am so so so so excited but so so so so nervous! I hope it will all go well :s
Oh my goodness.....I am a grown up! Oi!!
Was thinking about the impact this will have have on my weight (I lost a full 2lbs this week!!!) and one thing I can say is I will officially have no one else to blame! For years I've said how hard it is when your mum makes you dinner, and my uncle....you don't know what's in it, you don't know how much you have...
Now the buck stops at just 1 person.....ME! And tbh I think this will be a pivotal moment in my weight loss...Given the fact I'm not going to be able to AFFORD as much treats/nights out/takeaways....I am also going to have the space and time to do Sunday batch cooking, and a big freezer all to myself!
Must puts LOTS of tupperwear on my housewarming giftlist!!
Also, I will need lots of support from you guys that live alone etc... :)) help me through what is bound to be a fairly stressful period of time which will inevitably involve me having to clear out a lot of stuff from my parents :(
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."
No comments:
Post a Comment