Is it just me or is anybody else finding their alcohol tolerence level is getting lower along with their weight! I mean don't get me wrong what I drank on Friday night should have got me drunk, but the state of me, and the HANGOVER - OFT!!!
In my usualy I-hate-myself-and-feel-so-guilty-about-everything-I've-ever-done hugonver state I really started to think about alcohol, and my attitude towards. You see the thing is I genuianlly genuinally do not mean to get as drunk as what I do. Friday night I knew I was drunk, in fact I was on the water, but we left the pub to go dancing and thats the last thing I remember. Good thing I've got good mates who know how to drag a young lady home :)
So, as part of my soul searching I decided to learn a little bit more about hangovers. In fact, hangovers are caused by ethanol, which is found in alcohol. Ethanol is a toxic substance (yes thats right...toxic) and the result of this in your body is an increased need to pee (breaking the seal and all that...) and as a result of this you become dehydrated! Hence the dry brain the next day.
So on I continued to read and I found this neat tool on the drinkaware site called mydrinkaware. Its really quick and easy to use (especially if you have facebook) and what I read truely disgusted me. My Friday night binge resulted in me consuming around 20units of alcohol (and thats a guesstimate!) which is just shy of 2000calories! The equivilant to eating 6.6burgers, 1.9 Kebabs or 9 donuts!! The night cost me an estimate £47.90!
The reality hit home with the risk factor app, which highlighted me at increasing risk. This is when you regularly exceeded the recommended daily unit allowence 4 or more times a week OR if women drink in excess of 14units (21 for men - typical!) in one go...
opps.... I am officially a binge drinker! And as a result I am at increased risk of mental health problems, getting hurt (or in worst case scenario die) when on a bender, becoming alcohol dependent, self harm, end up in jail (bye bye career) and have a poor sexual perfomance (oh wait...maybe thats just the men).
Point is maybe I need to explore my relationship with alcohol...and looking at calories alone, ok I pointed every drink (that I could remember) but thats a rediculous amount of points (and money) to spend on alcohol. Mulling over the idea of a month without alcohol lasted all of two mins, when I remembered that its my weekend away with the girlies next week.... $hit!
Ok...mini challenge to myself...this weekend I am going to drink...more responsibily. I am not going to over undulge, there will be no throwing up and I will have water/soft drinks in between! I shall report back next week to let you know how it goes!!
Hope you all had a less painful weekend that me :)
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment