What A Week!! Busy Busy Busy!!
BUT I got the phone call yesterday - the flat is mine :)) Its just a rental but I am so excited I may pop! This time in 1 week I'll have my keys....this time in 2 weeks....I'll prob be writing this blog in work because I'll have no internet in my flat hahaha!
Put a lb on this week, not tooo bothered to be honest. Had a lovely weekend away with the girls from uni, so that involved drink, food, sweets, snacks and the rest...although I did go for a run Saturday morning before the rest of them had got up! And we traipsed round a wee village in Fife (photo is of me in a Abby in said village) So I probably did some damage limitation, and completed my dare (size12againplease)!!
Plus I lost track...which is THE worst, cause then I think...what's the point, I've only 3 days till weigh-in I'll just wing it.....no more winging it I think!
This week at class I was given free(ish) reign over the second set of scales. We were a few helpers down so I had to plow on myself. Can I just say that I appreciate how nerve wracking it is to stay and have someone weigh you, BUT being the weigher-inner is not much easier!! I was elated at every loss, non-nonchalant at every STS and devastated at every gain. It was a roller coaster of emotions and left me exhausted! Home and straight to bed last night!
But here I am, back on track, with 3 points to spare and a weight watchers ice cream calling my name from the fridge (safe in the knowledge I can have it!) and looking forward to when I can properly plan, track, cook and eat the right foods at the right portions. I used to hate people like me at diet clubs, I used to think "its easy for them, they don't have a mother cooking for them" (you can replace mother with whoever you wish to blame for your inability to loss this week).
I am nervous because I cannot cook, I've never reeeally had to, unless its pasta or the like. But then I was thinking to myself this inability to cook, being forced into a position where I will have to, and concurrently being on weight watchers will be a good thing. I have to learn, so I may as well learn using the WW recipes and guidelines and hopefully, hopefully, develop good cooking habits for life....
may also keep the local take aways number on the fridge....just in case
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment