About Me

My photo
I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....

The Beauty Myth

The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.

Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:

"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Little victories

So yes, I know it is only Tuesday, but one thing we are not good at is celebrating the little victories in life. So I thought I would share how well I am doing 2 days in.

I've been super good today again, and I am achieving my mini goals I set myself this week. The only down side is the rising costs in toilet paper from drinking all that water. My head has been sore today but I am attributing that to caffeine and refined sugar withdrawl and hoping it will pass soon enough. I've only drank water and milk in the last two days, I've made my lunches, ate breakfast and exercised. Spin fit today was great, felt so good when me and gym bunny buddy came out that we booked straight back in for next week. We're going for a wee game of badminton on Thursday evening (hopefully) so it'll be a welcome reprive from the classes.

I'm still aiming for my 2lbs off this week. It's tiny humans birthday on Saturday, not sure what is happening yet but I'll do my best to eat clean. I'm abstaining from alcohol this weekend too, and probably the next.

I've also given some thought to training with the manfriend. He is so motivated at times, and really should be a personal trainer. The main problem is though that because of our relationship I feel that I can say things to him I wouldn't say to a PT. I'd probably push harder with a PT, do everything they say, but I find myself questioning my manfriend, becoming annoyed because he pushes me too hard, makes me feel small. I really shouldn't do this, it isn't fair and at the end of the day he has done much better than I have.

We will be terribly busy this weekend, but I think I will take my gym kit up

and see if we can get away for 30mins to an hour. Manfriend lifts a lot of weights, and every womens fitness magazine I read tells me that women should lift, that it's amazing for their bodies. So I think I'm going to give that a try this weekend, if the manfriend will have me.

Anyways, nothing else really to report, it's all good news for a change this week so far. I'm getting to a point I'm probably boring my facebook friends a lot from weight loss/ food based posts so I've kinda moved over to Instagram for daily updates and will try keep facebook for more out of the ordinary posts. If you want to follow my Instagram page my user name is crazechickadee. I couldn't set up a link for some reason (soz!)

Hope everyone if feeling the zone like I am so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment