I have had a super amazing week. I've been so good this week, real fruit smoothies, no carb dinners and lots and lots of exercise. I've done spin, I've done badminton, I've done pole and this week I tried a new thing: WEIGHTS!
As I said before manfriend has been very focused on weights, and has learned a lot through magazines and online articles. His body really changed as a result, and I'd been thinking about trying it out for a while. Plus I'd been promising myself that I'd give manfriend a chance, as he's always been supportive of me and trying to help me get fitter. I've maybe not always been the most.......appreciative student!
Also every women' fitness magazine I buy is recommending weight lifting for girls. It's apparently one of the quickest ways to change your body shape and burn calories.
So this weekend I said to manfriend, lets lift weights...show me how.
We did arm weights - threw a 5kg medicine ball for 10 mins back and forth to work the forearms, that was fine and I actually found myself thinking "this isn't so bad!". Then we started doing pyramid training on the biceps and triceps. For those of you who don't know what pyramid training is you start with a small weight and do 20 reps, then move onto a medium weight and do 12 reps, then a heavy weight and 6 reps, then 12 reps of the medium and finally 20 reps of the smallest weight again. Minimum recovery time to produce maximum tissue growth in the muscles. Its a body building technique, but produces amazing toning in the areas that you choose to work. Thing is that by the medium weight on the way up your arm starts to get sore, on the heaviest weight the pain is ripping through you, and on the way back down you feel like your lifting the heaviest weight every single time.
Oh My Gawd!!!!!!!!!
I physically cried, wept, the whole way through. Every self doubt went through my mind, every negative feeling, but manfriend was amazing - he was supportive, he was motivating, and he pushed me through and I managed it. Every single lift. My arms are aching but it was totally worth it (ssshhh don't tell manfriend that I actually am glad I done it...he still feels bad for making me cry!).
My arms are killing me today...but I have had a great weekend. I went out with beautiful friends on Saturday, I had three drinks, lots of water and danced for aggges! Then today we took tiny human to the ski slopes for her birthday. I decided to have a cheat day, we had burger king, birthday cake, and Chinese noodles. mmmmm....
I may be struggling to fully straighten my left arm, but at least I don't have to do it again until next Saturday!!!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."
No comments:
Post a Comment