Hello all!
Yes this is another Christmas lovers blogger's blog! I can't help it - its just such a super time of year! and I don't care if your a scrooge - as Fred (Scrooge's nephew) proudly states: "I have made the trial in homage to Christmas, and I'll keep my Christmas humour to the last. So A Merry Christmas!"
This weekend was up and down. We had the WeightWatchers of Inverkip (my old class) Christmas night out at the KipMarina Chartroom restaurant. I decided not to drink, partly due to expense and partly due to just not feeling the need. I also choose carefully: prawn cocktail to start, salmon main (I really love salmon) and chocolate mousse pudding. With diet lemonades the whole evening.
The best bit about the night was looking and feeling amazing, alongside other women who know exactly how I feel and what I am going through. (See the group mug shot above - great lassies - brilliant laugh). I had on my graduation frock - which fitted a lot better than at graduation. I felt amazing, I looked amazing and it was a wonderful feeling. I didn't need alcohol to feel confident, in fact I felt so confident that I took a leap of faith...which depending on the outcome I'll disclose at a later date - so watch this space!
Saturday I went shopping with my Dad. I wanted to spend time with him because Saturday evening we were having a memorial for my uncle who died through in Australia earlier this year. He has a daughter too - Katie, and for all I try I cannot to begin to image life without my Dad. So I dragged myself out of bed at 9am to go shopping with him.
The memorial was lovely. All the family gathered together and we scattered Uncle T's ashes on the river Clyde, as were his wishes. We all came back to my parents house and indulged in nibbles and I had a cider or 2.
Sunday, chilled with my family, had chinese, a baileys and watched A Christmas Carol (hence the quote). The good version with Patrick Stewart!
It was an amazing weekend and I spent all of it with family, which made it extra special and just makes me more excited for this weekend.
My presents are wrapped, my cake ingredients bought, my 2 days annual leave have been ok'd which means I finish on WEDNESDAY this week!
Could I be happier? Not on your Nelly!
Yes this is another Christmas lovers blogger's blog! I can't help it - its just such a super time of year! and I don't care if your a scrooge - as Fred (Scrooge's nephew) proudly states: "I have made the trial in homage to Christmas, and I'll keep my Christmas humour to the last. So A Merry Christmas!"
This weekend was up and down. We had the WeightWatchers of Inverkip (my old class) Christmas night out at the KipMarina Chartroom restaurant. I decided not to drink, partly due to expense and partly due to just not feeling the need. I also choose carefully: prawn cocktail to start, salmon main (I really love salmon) and chocolate mousse pudding. With diet lemonades the whole evening.
The best bit about the night was looking and feeling amazing, alongside other women who know exactly how I feel and what I am going through. (See the group mug shot above - great lassies - brilliant laugh). I had on my graduation frock - which fitted a lot better than at graduation. I felt amazing, I looked amazing and it was a wonderful feeling. I didn't need alcohol to feel confident, in fact I felt so confident that I took a leap of faith...which depending on the outcome I'll disclose at a later date - so watch this space!
Saturday I went shopping with my Dad. I wanted to spend time with him because Saturday evening we were having a memorial for my uncle who died through in Australia earlier this year. He has a daughter too - Katie, and for all I try I cannot to begin to image life without my Dad. So I dragged myself out of bed at 9am to go shopping with him.
The memorial was lovely. All the family gathered together and we scattered Uncle T's ashes on the river Clyde, as were his wishes. We all came back to my parents house and indulged in nibbles and I had a cider or 2.
Sunday, chilled with my family, had chinese, a baileys and watched A Christmas Carol (hence the quote). The good version with Patrick Stewart!
It was an amazing weekend and I spent all of it with family, which made it extra special and just makes me more excited for this weekend.
My presents are wrapped, my cake ingredients bought, my 2 days annual leave have been ok'd which means I finish on WEDNESDAY this week!
Could I be happier? Not on your Nelly!

No comments:
Post a Comment