Yeah I have the bloomin' cold!
I was so determined to be really good this week. I made some really sensible choices at my meals out and only had alcohol the one night (albeit ALOT of alcohol, but still only 1 night)
Sunday I was still feeling pretty rough, and had cursed myself once again for over-indulging on the liquor at the weekend! In fact, I'll tell you something, since I have lost weight I CANNOT handle my drink at all. And for my friends who read this blog, yeah as in I'm even worse than before!
One of the reasons I cut down!
However, by Sunday night - and more clearly at 4am Monday morning - I realised that my ill feeling was not a 2 day hangover, but in fact an actual illness.
So I'm sorry diet but its comfort food all the way!
I am not a good sick person. Some people just get on with it when they are sick, some accept defeat and die quietly. I am neither - I am a whinger! I will moan, and complain and go on and on about how sick I am.
So here I am....at home, early from work for 2 days in a row (I still go in - then go home....its a guilt thing) typing this blog from behind a mountain of tissues and endless cups of tea, plus any kind of comfort food I can get my hands on.
Tonight I had sloppy joes, and I am going to have ice-cream. Yes I know I have the cold, but there is method to my madness.....it makes me feel better :)
So no exercise this week, no tracking, its all gone wrong. I'll still get weighed tomorrow, no point in not going, may as well see what the damage is. But the virus is to blame for any gain...not the alcohol, or ice-cream, the virus!!
On the plus side = Christmas is a week on Sunday :D
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment