Well guys...the proof is in the pudding! Oh wait, shouldn't say pudding on a WW blog...ok it's on the treadmill!
My recent bout of positive mind, positive body blogs have put a spring in my step because not only did I start my new running programme last Thursday I actually went back. Sometime the second session is harder than the first! Its great to be motivated to begin with, but keeping it up is a pain in the backside!
But I dragged my wee butt (it is actually wee...I have never had an **** , my jeans fall down constantly!!) down to the local fitness suite again tonight. Despite the pitch black and torrential hailstones! I did my 20min walk/jog...which will over the weeks build up to a 20min full jog :D
Never fancied myself a runner...but there you go!
Also after reading cookie_lou's blog (a fellow online WW), I decided to take my new positive attitude to my 27pps. To be fair cookie only has 26!! Her blog was great, as she explained how tiny changes allowed her to shave off those 3pps a day without feeling like she had to give things up! So this week I endeavor to do the same. So far I have actually been ok for pps, but I have relied on my weeklies to top me up every day. That is fine the last couple of weeks, but literally from now till 2012 (and a few weekends beyond) I have social engagements galore! Which is fantastic as I can't wait to get out there with my stone lighter body...but its going to use up my weeklies!
So i need to get into staying at my 27pps a day! That is this weeks mini goal, along with 2 more treadmill sessions!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment