I missed Friday theme blog...because it was a party weekend!
So to fill you in I had my Christmas night out with the work girls, which is resulted in me being extremely drunk and going AWOL. In my drunkenness I tend to just decide it is time to go home. Which I did lol!
However, I had a really amazing night out and really got to know the girls a bit better! Had a beautiful dinner in the Treehouse restaurant in Ayr. I choose the fruit starter, Salmon main and a toffee shortbread pudding. The last was a point killer, along with the gallons of bacardi I consumed, but I was good with my 1st two choices. I genuinely enjoyed the meal and the same changes in my choices mean that there was some level of damage limitation.
Then last night I joined friends at the Athena restaurant in Glasgow. Having never had greek food before I did a quick search on WW E-source and discovered Mussaka = very bad! However, grilled meats = very good! So I had a spinach and goats cheese starter, chicken skewer main (see photo) and cheesecake for pudding. No alcohol as I was driving (and dying inside). Again the pudding was a treat but I am hoping my semi-sensible starter and main choices meant that I should be able to absorb some of the damage!
Like most people on here (those who have not abandoned the site for Christmas temptations) I am not being uber strict on myself. Its a party season - and good food and drink goes along with the season! I will enjoy it - but at the same time I don't wish to undo all the hard work so far.
As for my ideal Christmas dinner. Well this is am interesting question for me as I am not a huge fan of roast dinners, never one for meat with potatoes and veg any time of the year.
So for starters i would have a prawn cocktail. My favourite bits of the main meal is defo the roast potatoes and roast vegetables. Although I'd be happy with chicken or fish, rather than turkey.
Desert - would be all deserts. I am going to make another baileys and white chocolate cheesecake. I also love millionaires shortbread and trifle. Pretty much any pudding to be honest.
I like a wee baileys at Christmas as well. Although I have rather enjoyed being almost alcohol free the last few weekends - and my hangover on Saturday reinforced this again. Going to have some serious thinking about maybe trying a t-total period.
Anyways I am looking forward to Christmas very very very much! I am off the whole way through and am genuinely excited to relax and spend time with friends and family. Last night was an awesome dinner, relaxed, grown-up and pleasurable in every sense of the word. Friends make the occasion - and Christmas is no different!
However, I had a really amazing night out and really got to know the girls a bit better! Had a beautiful dinner in the Treehouse restaurant in Ayr. I choose the fruit starter, Salmon main and a toffee shortbread pudding. The last was a point killer, along with the gallons of bacardi I consumed, but I was good with my 1st two choices. I genuinely enjoyed the meal and the same changes in my choices mean that there was some level of damage limitation.
Then last night I joined friends at the Athena restaurant in Glasgow. Having never had greek food before I did a quick search on WW E-source and discovered Mussaka = very bad! However, grilled meats = very good! So I had a spinach and goats cheese starter, chicken skewer main (see photo) and cheesecake for pudding. No alcohol as I was driving (and dying inside). Again the pudding was a treat but I am hoping my semi-sensible starter and main choices meant that I should be able to absorb some of the damage!
Like most people on here (those who have not abandoned the site for Christmas temptations) I am not being uber strict on myself. Its a party season - and good food and drink goes along with the season! I will enjoy it - but at the same time I don't wish to undo all the hard work so far.
As for my ideal Christmas dinner. Well this is am interesting question for me as I am not a huge fan of roast dinners, never one for meat with potatoes and veg any time of the year.
So for starters i would have a prawn cocktail. My favourite bits of the main meal is defo the roast potatoes and roast vegetables. Although I'd be happy with chicken or fish, rather than turkey.
Desert - would be all deserts. I am going to make another baileys and white chocolate cheesecake. I also love millionaires shortbread and trifle. Pretty much any pudding to be honest.
I like a wee baileys at Christmas as well. Although I have rather enjoyed being almost alcohol free the last few weekends - and my hangover on Saturday reinforced this again. Going to have some serious thinking about maybe trying a t-total period.
Anyways I am looking forward to Christmas very very very much! I am off the whole way through and am genuinely excited to relax and spend time with friends and family. Last night was an awesome dinner, relaxed, grown-up and pleasurable in every sense of the word. Friends make the occasion - and Christmas is no different!
Merry Christmas Everyone - I hope you have the time of your life!!

No comments:
Post a Comment