So the first week weigh in was upon me, and despite all the positive changes this week I was still super nervous in the queue to get weighed. I stand and literally feel heavier and heavier as I approach the scales, I begin to doubt myself; "did I point this? did I weigh that?", and moved from "I've easily lost 2.5lbs..." to "please God, 1lb, even a half, will do".
Well imagine my sheer delight when the scales flashed up and I was a stunning 3.5lbs lighter. I couldn't believe it - and trust me I have had a colossal night out, a Chinese takeaway and a meal out for brunch on Sunday. I have not been tight with myself in any way so I was extra chuffed with the loss.
People do tend to lose a lot in the first week and a lot of this is fluid retention, well the loss of the fluids to be precise. Fluid builds up everywhere in our bodies, even our joints, and especially in women. When you make a change to your eating as significant as starting a weight watcher plan then you naturally lose some of this fluid - especially as you tend to take in more fluid because you're on the healthy eating plan (ironic - but true! Best way to lose the fluid is drink more water!!)
However I am happy with my lose - 3.5lbs is HUGE for my wee plodgy body. Because my wee plodgy body doesn't like giving anything up! Particularly weight! And I plod along at a .5-1lb loss (if I lose) a week! So to lose over double that is fab! And by not having a massive loss I am confident that the majority of my lose is genuine (plus I drink tons, yes non-alcoholic too).
So this week it is about maintaining. At the meeting Christine was explaining the importance of breakfast and ways to ensure we make good choices in the morning, as this tends to carry through for the rest of the day. However, I have a pretty solid breakfast routine: I don't like eating in the morning and genuinely do not feel hungry until about 9.30-10ish. My work has a great kitchen so I always have breakfast there, which also promotes me to have a later lunch and stops me binging at 6pm when I get in from work starving!!! So I have forward planned my porridge/Weetabix morning regimes with relative ease.
In addition to trying to ensure I have good breakfast every day (especially as I don't see it as a huge challenge for me, I like my grub too much to skip meals) I have set myself two other challenges this week:
1. Do one extra activity this week
2. Drink 1.5litres of water a day (not including tea/coffee)
Again I have already planned these two, so I optimistic my little goals will be in easy reach this week. Which is vital to keep up my motivation levels.
I've just finished planning most of my meals (weekends still blank, manfriend and tiny human are coming to mine to stay PLUS its the 5th week of this wage so I will be lucky to have milk left never mind anything else for them!) and have made appointments with myself for my exercise.
Roll on week two :)
Starting Weight: 12 11.5lbs
Current Weight: 12 8lbs
Weight Loss this week: 3.5lbs
Totally weight Loss: 3.5lbs
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment