Not going to lie when I was standing outside waiting to go in I had the all too familiar sense of impending doom. The thought of getting weighed again, of going through this revolving door of diet plans and binge sessions, could I really be bothered?
Then I remembered the weekend, out with my friends and I felt huge. So huge in fact I was too insecure to get up and dance....
Yeah you did read that right - I didn't dance.
So I took a deep breathe and went inside.
Well: 12 stone and 11.5lbs...
Oft! I usually don't post my weight cause I am insecure about it. But I figure I may as well put everything out there (or here) because honestly really should be the best policy. The shame of my weight will hopefully get me going! I was genuinely devastated by this weigh-in, as basically it means I have only lost 1.5lbs in 2 years!
I was dejected as I sat down in the meeting, think of the money I've spent on this diet and that diet and in the end I have 1.5lbs to show for it. I considered leaving, then my new leader got up to speak.
![]() |
| A photo at Christmas which confirmed I was as heavy as ever! |
I left the class much more upbeat, ready for the week ahead. This weeks task is to change my immediate environment and put out positive food choices everywhere to stop me falling into a trap of "I'll just have one". In addition I am to try and plan as much of my meals as possible to keep my focus ad get a good week one loss, so that's what I am going to do.
I re-joined my weightwatcher community and am looking forward to catching up with everyone on there. I deleted my old weight information - this really is a clean slate for good!!
So as I sit here eating my last 3 triangles of my Christmas Toblerone and plan for the week ahead it is with bright eyes and a positive outlook.
Here we go...it's the year for goal!!

No comments:
Post a Comment