Well guys you may have saw from my update (if your my WWer friend that is) that this week I finally, finally, got a loss!
Not 40 pounds of course - a wee half a pound :D
Which in the past would have devastated me BUT as my two wonderful online buds; kalamity42 and saffrajay both pointed out at my last blog a huge part of this process is about POSITIVE THOUGHT!
I recently did a blog series ( I know I am a serious blogger) where I picked one negative thing in my life and tried to see the positive side of it, for example working in an office. I have just went back and re-read my blogs (something which I advised everyone to do!) and I do feel more positive for doing it.
Although completely loaded with the cold (again) this week, which means no running, I'm determined not to let this get me down. In fact I was so determined I pledged 40 pounds of commitment.
Well, my starting weight was 12st 13 and my goal weight is 10st.
Convert them into pounds: starting weight = 181pounds, goal weight = 140pounds. 181-140 = 41lbs!!
And how did I pledge those 40pounds....well I just purchased the weight watchers official food scales - at £39.95!
so I walk away equipped now to begin a whole new chapter of obsessive food habits lol! And I shall be weighing EVERYTHING.....
(I've had the scales for 10 mins and so far I've weighed; my watch, my box of hankies, my purse and 2 mug coasters...pretending that they are in fact pasta, rice, cornflakes and peanuts!!)
So I shall let you all know how the scales go - I think they will make a HUGE difference to my dinners, because my uncle cooks before I get in from work (which I know I shouldn't moan about!) but now I can put my plate on the scales and point as he piles the food on - meaning my dinner won't obliterate my dailies and eat into (eat into - see what I did there) my weeklies as well!!
I will report back!!!
also a p.s. thank you to mart who told me how to hyperlink, which I am now going to do in frivolous (also a small but impressive word) manner from all blogs herein!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."
No comments:
Post a Comment