Well people...it's official...I made my first EVER pot of soup. A recipe from fellow online WWer - 0pps spicy vegetable soup. That is my lunch, along with a brown roll with either wafer thin chicken or ham and salad leaves for the rest of the week. (I also bought some low, already sliced cathedral city cheese, I know that it costs more to buy it already cut but it stops the "oops I seem to have cut a big chunk of cheese off the block!" shenanigans lol)
So my Asda trip went well. I took my "plan-friendly" list and never bought anything that wasn't on it! Organisation is the key.
Got my weigh in tomorrow...1st one since waaaay before Christmas. Couldn't get there last week because the road was closed. You'd think i'd be pleased that I accidentally ended up with an extra week with which to be very good and shift some Christmas poundage. But I'm more nervous, I think I would rather have known what the damage was so that I could get into the right frame of mind to fix it!
One positive aspect is the office girls. All the chocolates and cakes and biscuits are gone. We are swapping healthy eating ideas and encouraging each other AWAY from the bakers across the roads (oh the traybakes!). I'm also on week 2 of my running and determined to keep it going!
This is definitely the time to make WWers my own. I felt amazing when I had on my little dress last weekend, and in my mind I'm still 2 stone overweight! Think how amazing I am going to be/look/feel when I hit goal.
For me though, the biggest positive is not just the weight loss. But I'm learning value lessons and skills about food and cooking that I didn't have before. As a young woman who is on the cusp of flying the nest completely (currently flat hunting - nightmare) these are skills that I need. That will ensure I will stay healthy for the rest of my life!
About Me
- crazechickadee
- I am a contradiction, a thoughtful contradiction. I have thoughts, and I want to share them. I am a blogger....
The Beauty Myth
The Beauty Myth is a nonfiction book by Naomi Wolf which argues that as women have become more powerful in society the standards of physical appearance have also grown.
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
Wolf believes that "beauty" is a societal construct:
"The more legal and material hindrances women have broken through, the more strictly and heavily and cruelly images of female beauty have come to weigh upon us... during the past decade, women breached the power structure; meanwhile, eating disorders rose exponentially and cosmetic surgery became the fastest-growing specialty... pornography became the main media category, ahead of legitimate films and records combined, and thirty-three thousand American women told researchers that they would rather lose ten to fifteen pounds than achieve any other goal...More women have more money and power and scope and legal recognition than we have ever had before; but in terms of how we feel about ourselves physically, we may actually be worse off than our unliberated grandmothers."

No comments:
Post a Comment